BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Top 11 Performance Night...

In honor of The Grand Ole Opry, this week's theme was all about country music. And tonight, the country music superstar Randy Travis was guest as the first mentor of this season.

Wow! Another hot, hot, performances from tonight's show. I guess I'm gonna tell you at least a single detail to every contestant's performance because for me, they all really did well tonight.

Let's start!


1. MICHAEL SARVER
-He sang "Ain’t Goin’ Down Till the Sun Comes Up". Hmmm... I'm not sure if that's the title. But it's a cool song choice, I think. He sang it really fast. And as Kara said, that's million of words in that song. So it's pretty amazing how he memorized all those words, even though Simon said that he didn't understand a single word. Don't mind it! Michael had so much fun on it. And that's great! Have fun!


2. ALLISON IRAHETA
-She chose the song "Blame It On Your Heart". She had performed it very joyful. And...Wow! This 16 year old really rocks! She's getting better and better each week. And for that, she really will go far in this competition. So keep on rocking, girl!


3. KRIS ALLEN
-This guy sang "To Make Me Feel Your Love".
Hey! He's not with his guitar tonight. What a pleasant surprise that he showed us some of his tender moments 'cause it gave us a chance to concentrate more on his vocals. And tonight, I guess more and more people are now thinking that he really will go great in the show. Speaking of which, I really love what Simon told him, something like, "you actually got a shot doing really well in this competition". I felt Simon's sincerity while saying that. Okay! All in all, for me, Kris had a great song choice...nice vocals...and yeah, terrific performance! Keep it up!


4. LIL ROUNDS
-She sang the song "Independence Day". For me it sounded nice, but not that great. I think she really just wanna try something new rather than the usual. That's okay! But maybe the judges were really just up to the kinds of songs to which they fell in love with the last time. So all I can say is that, it's nice to do something new, but sometimes, you really should just stick to the songs to which you're known to be better. Well then, she just have to put a 'LIL' work on that.


5. ADAM LAMBERT
-Adam chose the song "Ring of Fire".
Whew! "What the hell was that"? as Simon said.
I think that explained it all. Adam Lambert? Country songs? Oh no! Country music really, isn't Adam's music. He knows that! It's just... It's somehow interesting watching him singing those kinds of songs, moving like that, plus that weird Egyptian thing. My sister mentioned Cleopatra because of that performance... LOL... And also, both she and my brother were almost questioning me about Adam's... hmm... what do you call that? It's somehow about "masculinity" or "manhood", I think.. hehe.. But don't worry! I, of course don't question him. It's just his performance that bothered my siblings. They don't know him personally, okay?
Anyway, I still believe he has very nice vocals. He's true to who he is as an artist. And that suits me!


6. SCOTT MACINTYRE
-Scott sang "Wild Angels". He sang it nice. Again, he played the piano and he's really comfortable with it. But I guess, it's very similar to what he did last time. And that makes his performance tonight a bit predictable for me. I think it would be nice if he'll show us something different the next time.
Go for high notes, dude! We'll love to see that!


7. ALEXIS GRACE
-She sang Dolly Parton's "Jolene". I remember Brooke White also sang this song in the Dolly Parton week, back in the previous season of Idol. And if I'm not mistaken, she sang it with her guitar, right?
Anyway, let's go back to Alexis. Her version is nice. I liked it. She is somehow also showing a different side of her, you know, her 'soft' side. But, yeah, I guess the judges just want to see more of her 'dirty' side rather than that.


8. DANNY GOKEY
-Oh...Danny! He just sang "Jesus Takes the Wheel", one of my Carrie Underwood favorites. He messed up a bit when he sang it in front Randy Travis. But when he performed it on stage, for me, he had done it well. He's a great singer. Forget what Simon said about what he's wearing. It looks good on him, anyway.


9. ANOOP DESAI
-Anoop sang "You Were Always On My Mind". Wow! Anoop's back! He proved that he really deserves to be there in the show. And what he did now is just a heart-felt performance that Paula said he had touched her heart.
Simon said that Anoop managed to go from zero to hero, and that, it's one of his favorite performances tonight. It's like he seemed to get back what he said last time that Anoop isn't deserving to be in the top 13 because of his performances that time.
Randy said he likes the arrangement.
Kara said it's probably the best performance of the night 'cause it really is a big surprise.
Anne Catherine said that...oooppsss...haha...kiddin'...that's my name, isn't?...LOL
Wow! I didn't even noticed I've memorized all four judges' comments. Perhaps this is how surprises work on me. But of course, it's not always like that, sometimes only.


10. MEGAN JOY CORKREY
-Hmmm...wait a second! I'm just little confused. What's really the spelling of this girl's surname huh? Is it Corkrey, or Corkery? Uhh, no matter what, let's just talk about her performance tonight...
Megan sang "I Go Walking After Midnight".
Wow! What a great song choice for her. Even though she had flu, or she still has it tonight, I think, she sang very well. This made Paula and Simon say that she should just be sick every week like this one, because she really done great tonight.


11. Matt Giraud
-Matt sang "So Small". And again, it's a Carrie Underwood song.
Randy said it's his favorite performance of the night.
Simon said that he's quite similar to Danny, probably because both their song choices are Carrie Underwood hits. But tonight, Simon thinks that Matt out sang Danny.
Oh well, for me, Matt performed really great tonight. But if I were to compare him to Danny...uhh... I don't know. These two guys are both amazing artists. The only thing that matters is just about their performances each week. One maybe better this week, the other is not. And the next week, vice versa. Hmmm... But wait, it can also be both great, right? So that's how it is!



There you go!
At last...I'm finished...
I guess this post's a bit longer now, isn't?

Uhh... this is a lot of hard work for me, you know, having to tell each and everyone's performances.
But it's okay! This is what a blogger/writer really does. And I'm happy with what I'm doing.
That's all that counts, right?^_^

Now, let's just see who among these 11 will make it to to the next round.

Don't forget to watch tomorrow night's results!

0 comments: